News from the club (Not 100% true)

Go down

News from the club (Not 100% true)

Post  JayBothroyd#9 on Tue 3 Aug - 12:22

According to the The Lone Gunman on ccmb.

"1) City have today been given dispensation by the Football League to sign three players. This means Tom Heaton and Danny Drinkwater will be able to formally put pen to paper, while Dave Jones also wants to add another striker to his squad before Sunday's game and has already spoken to a couple of targets.

2) Ipswich have improved their bid for Michael Chopra. The latest offer involves a figure of less than £2.5 million (I can't remember what he said exactly - maybe £2.2 million?) with forward Jonathan Stead included in the deal as a makeweight. City have apparently rejected the bid.

3) Nottingham Forest have now made a formal bid for Peter Whittingham (value unknown)."

Not my words but from a guy who alot of people seem to respect on ccmb, sounds brilliant if true. Ayatollah
JayBothroyd#9

Back to top Go down

Re: News from the club (Not 100% true)

Post  Sam-The-Bluebird on Tue 3 Aug - 12:38

JayBothroyd#9 wrote:According to the The Lone Gunman on ccmb.

"1) City have today been given dispensation by the Football League to sign three players. This means Tom Heaton and Danny Drinkwater will be able to formally put pen to paper, while Dave Jones also wants to add another striker to his squad before Sunday's game and has already spoken to a couple of targets.

2) Ipswich have improved their bid for Michael Chopra. The latest offer involves a figure of less than £2.5 million (I can't remember what he said exactly - maybe £2.2 million?) with forward Jonathan Stead included in the deal as a makeweight. City have apparently rejected the bid.

3) Nottingham Forest have now made a formal bid for Peter Whittingham (value unknown)."

Not my words but from a guy who alot of people seem to respect on ccmb, sounds brilliant if true. Ayatollah
Would be great if it was true! Big IF, though.

Hope to God we don't lose Whitts+Chops.
Sam-The-Bluebird
Admin

http://thebluebirdsnest.roflforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post  ccfcDanny on Tue 3 Aug - 13:00

yeahh alot of people saying Marlon Harewood is the potential striker.
wouldn't mind if that was the case tbh Thumb Up

ccfcDanny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sam-The-Bluebird on Tue 3 Aug - 13:03

ccfcDanny wrote:yeahh alot of people saying Marlon Harewood is the potential striker.
wouldn't mind if that was the case tbh Thumb Up
Would be an excellent signing in my opinion. Thumb Up Ayatollah
Sam-The-Bluebird
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JayBothroyd#9 on Tue 3 Aug - 13:10

Harewood is a big, powerful striker who would be good to bring off the bench or even start a few games. Quality championship player. Then I found this disturbing image http://www.nufcblog.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/marlon-harewood.jpg :love: laugh
JayBothroyd#9

Back to top Go down

Post  Mashy on Tue 3 Aug - 13:15

Sam-The-Bluebird wrote:
JayBothroyd#9 wrote:According to the The Lone Gunman on ccmb.

Would be great if it was true! Big IF, though.

Hope to God we don't lose Whitts+Chops.

Agreed.

TG has said many times that we are aiming for an automatic spot this year, so we cannot let players like Whittingham and Chopra go.
Mashy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sam-The-Bluebird on Tue 3 Aug - 13:22

JayBothroyd#9 wrote:Harewood is a big, powerful striker who would be good to bring off the bench or even start a few games. Quality championship player. Then I found this disturbing image http://www.nufcblog.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/marlon-harewood.jpg :love: laugh
Thanks for that... laugh Facepalm

Seriously though, I agree, would be excellent at this level. Did well for Newcastle in his short spell there last season.
Sam-The-Bluebird
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JayBothroyd#9 on Tue 3 Aug - 13:25

Sam-The-Bluebird wrote:
JayBothroyd#9 wrote:Harewood is a big, powerful striker who would be good to bring off the bench or even start a few games. Quality championship player. Then I found this disturbing image http://www.nufcblog.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/marlon-harewood.jpg :love: laugh
Thanks for that... laugh Facepalm

Seriously though, I agree, would be excellent at this level. Did well for Newcastle in his short spell there last season.
At least he is in good shape, McCormack take note hide
JayBothroyd#9

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum