Cardiff vs Thugs. A four eyes view

Go down

Cardiff vs Thugs. A four eyes view

Post  Nathan Walker on Sun 8 Aug - 11:19

Today we faced a very physical and bullish team. City did well and were unlucky not to come away with 3 points. Chopra's goal was harshly ruled out but thats life. Regards that Chopra-Ross incident, Chopra was caught in two minds whether to go past the defender or square it to Ross and ultimately it cost us. On another day that would not have happened. Also Simonson made a few decent saves towards the end that a few people would not have got to. City players had to deal with kicks all game no other than Super Kev. I think these ratings are fair:
Marshall 6. Some saves but nothing special, Did not have a great deal to do.
Super Kev. 9. Awesome today. Took a heavy tackle or 2 but got on with it. Superb runs and Skill and solid at the back. Well done son.
Hudson. . Lost a few headers, Brought us into danger with a few bad touches and some dodgy marking. We need another CB. Or Gerrard has to play.
Gyepes. 7. Few lat ditch tackles to block goal threats and some decent headers. One alarming back pass but overall good.
Blake. 8. Good defending and some good link up play with Burke. Well Played.
Burke. 7-8. Great dribbling and mixed crosses. But created a few chances with them.
Rae. 5. Scared of a tackle and cannot dribble or shoot. Will not get a game with Drinkwater, Koumas and McPhail.
Drinkwater. 7. Decent youngster. Some good tackles and got stuck in. Played the ball lovely to the strikers and wings. Good prospect.
Whittingham. 7. Superb passing at times. Good link up play with Kev. Lovely runs and dribbles. Handled the switch to CM with ease and set up decent chances.
Chopra. 7. Great awareness and skill to get past the keeper to set Jay up for the goal. Scored but wrongly ruled out. Mistake in not passing to Ross but thats football. Some good runs and decent shots.
Bothroyd.8. One a few flick ons. Showed good strength and took his goal well to squeeze it past the 2 goal line based defenders. Sometimes tries to overdo it by doing little flicks and dummies. Great if it comes off but does not often happen.

Subs:
McCormack. Few decent efforts on goal and dribbles. Unlucky not to get the pass from Chops. And unlucky when the ball just skidded away from him when he was through.
I think we will be ok with Koumas and McPhail and with 2-3 new signings. Hopefully a big ST. Winger and CB. We will be fine and this could be a good season.
Keep the faith
Nathan Walker

Back to top Go down

Re: Cardiff vs Thugs. A four eyes view

Post  Sam-The-Bluebird on Sun 8 Aug - 11:53

Good post. Agree with basically everything.

Ayatollah
Sam-The-Bluebird
Admin

http://thebluebirdsnest.roflforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post  carters on Sun 8 Aug - 12:23

agree with most things except the goal which was wrongly not given. to be honest from where i was it was obvious that chopra pushed the defender just as he was about to clear and thats why the goal wasnt given!
carters

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathan Walker on Sun 8 Aug - 12:25

Sorry I am in the Canton and got glasses so thats my excuse sorted. Tidy old
Nathan Walker

Back to top Go down

Post  bentley. on Sun 8 Aug - 13:00

Marshall - 7 - He didn't really have a lot to do apart from a 5-10 minute period in which they scored thanks to some woeful defending.

Blake - 8 - Superb today IMO, would have been MOM if it hadn't been for McNaughton.

Hudson - 6 - By no means terrible, made a bad attempt at clearance for the goal and nearly made a few others too but in the 2nd half he did well albeit he didn't really have a lot to do.

Gyepes - 6 - See Hudson.

McNaughton - 9 - Brilliant today, did most things right and beat his man on the wing as often as he could, distribution looks a little better too.

Burke - 7+1/2 - Did well, beat his marker a few times and made a good partnership with Blake and the flank too.

Rae - 5 - Not a bad performance, just rating on what he did on the first half and he looks a little more confident on the ball than last season.

Drinkwater - 6+1/2 - Looked to get in support most of the time and gets involved with a few tackles, too early to tell if this is the ball winner we need in midfield though.

Whittingham - 8 - Purely for his passes, strong rumours of him moving to Forest next week so this might've been his last City game. When McCormack came on, this allowed him to take a more central role which helped him play a few brilliant passes. Could ping a ball onto a sixpence from 50 yards.

Chopra - 6+1/2 - A little too greedy at times but played a big part in the goal with his perseverance.

Bothroyd - 7 - Looks like he's lacking match fitness as he missed the last friendly game of pre-season against Deportivo, brought others into play well and took his goal nicely.

Subs :

McCormack - 6+1/2 - Still looks like he could shift a few pounds although when he came on he brought an attacking mentality with him and a willingness to shoot which was what we had been missing before then.

Roll on Derby. (Yes, I know we've got Burton first.)

bentley.

Back to top Go down

Post  carters on Sun 8 Aug - 14:08

Nathan Walker wrote:Sorry I am in the Canton and got glasses so thats my excuse sorted. Tidy old
i got glasses aswell walker cry
carters

Back to top Go down

Post  bentley. on Sun 8 Aug - 14:24

Me too walker

bentley.

Back to top Go down

Post  carters on Sun 8 Aug - 14:50

do the ayatollah 4 eyes!! Ayatollah
carters